Why Curtis Creative Spaces?
Our community is extraordinarily rich in creativity. There are authors, painters, photographers, crafters and musicians everywhere!
Curtis wants to support this local artistic energy. Curtis Creative Spaces is our way of doing this by featuring artists and their work through the library website. Each month we will focus on the work of local painters, photographers, crafters, authors and musicians by showcasing what they do on our digital Curtis Creative Spaces.
Our hope is that this will benefit new creators by promoting what they do and benefit library patrons by sharing with them the exciting art, photography, music and writing being done in our community that they might not otherwise see.
How to get involved
1. If you are a local (in the Brunswick-Harpswell mid coast area) artist, photographer, writer, crafter or musician and you would like to showcase what you do on the Curtis Creative Spaces, please contact by email (only) Mike Gorzka at email@example.com. Include in the email 2-4 samples of your work.
2. If you are the author of an already published book, please send a copy of the cover of the book and at least one chapter from the book.
3. Mike will develop a calendar of digital shows. He will contact you by email about when your work might be included.
4. The library makes no judgments about any work displayed. However, we do ask that as an artist you consider that the audience using the library website includes families and seniors and that you should choose what you share accordingly.
5. The library will make decisions about what is displayed if demand is greater than our ability to display.
6. You will need to provide a brief statement about each work that is promoted – when it was created, media used, brief thoughts about what inspired you.
7. If you are interested, we can provide space for visitors to make comments about the works being shared.
8. If you are offering your work for sale, you should also include a price and how to contact you directly. The library will not be responsible for any sales arrangements.
9. Your work will be shared for one month. Curtis will keep a page titled “past shows” with links to your personal website.